Louisiana Estate Planning For Blended Families
As family dynamics change, so should your estate plan. Matters can become particularly complicated if you or your spouse has been married more than once and there are children from a previous marriage. In any case, the key is to plan now and avoid negative consequences such as family disputes, heartache and estate litigation.
The attorneys of Ballay, Braud & Colon, PLC, have extensive experience in estate planning for blended families. We can listen to your concerns, get a clear idea of your specific circumstances and help you implement a comprehensive plan that accounts for the variables.
For a confidential consultation to discuss your goals and concerns, contact our offices in Belle Chasse today. We advise and represent clients throughout Plaquemines, Jefferson and Orleans Parishes.
We Can Help You Achieve Your Goals
It is important to know your full range of estate planning options, especially if your family dynamics are complex. You may have concerns about ensuring that your children from a previous marriage inherit their fair share of your estate, or you may want to ensure that your business goes to the right family member — and not to a spouse, sibling or child who isn’t interested.
Whatever your situation may be, we can help you explore your options for achieving your goals. With more than 100 years of collective experience, our attorneys can help you:
- Draft or update an enforceable will that clearly expresses your wishes and reflects your current family dynamics
- Set up the appropriate kind of trust to meet your specific needs and those of your family
- Assign powers of attorney to ensure that a trusted person is able to make decisions on your behalf in the event that you are unable to do so yourself
- Create an effective business succession plan that establishes the structure and leadership of your company after you are gone
- Plan the distribution of real estate and other investments to your chosen heirs and beneficiaries
West Bank Lawyers For Clients Throughout The New Orleans Area
To arrange a consultation with an experienced Louisiana estate planning attorney, contact us online or call us locally at 504-266-0368 or toll free at 800-455-5204. Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We advise and represent clients in New Orleans and throughout Plaquemines, Jefferson and Orleans Parishes.