Estate Planning, Wills And Successions
The estate planning attorneys of Ballay, Braud & Colon, PLC, have more than 100 years of collective experience in a wide range of legal matters, including wills, trusts and succession. We understand how important it is that you protect your family, assets and legacy, and we want to help you achieve your estate planning goals.
Whether you want to minimize taxes, protect the value of your assets, provide for a loved one with a disability or simply clarify your end-of-life wishes, we can help you create a comprehensive estate plan that puts your mind at ease.
We encourage you to contact our Louisiana law firm to arrange a consultation. With offices in Belle Chasse, our attorneys advise and represent clients throughout the New Orleans area.
Your Estate Planning Options
Multiple estate planning tools can be used to create a comprehensive, customized plan that matches your specific situation. Our estate planning lawyers can assist with any of the following matters:
- Wills: An enforceable will can be drafted to determine the distribution of your property, including any homes, cars, antiques, collectibles or family heirlooms. A will can be as general or specific as you want.
- Trusts: Different kinds of trusts provide different kinds of benefits. Our attorneys can listen to your concerns, assess your situation and advise on your full range of trust options.
- Succession: As experienced business law and estate planning attorneys, we can help you plan the leadership and structure of your company after you are gone.
- Powers of attorney: With a properly drafted document, you can assign power of attorney to someone you trust to make financial or medical decisions on your behalf in the event that you become unable to do so yourself.
- Living wills: A living will is a legally binding document that specifies your preferences for medical treatment in the event that you become incapacitated.
Our lawyers also have extensive experience in creating estate plans for blended families. Whatever your family situation may be, we can help ensure that your estate is distributed in accordance with your wishes.
Contact Ballay, Braud & Colon, PLC
If you have questions about estate planning, wills or trusts, contact us online or call us locally at 504-266-0368 or toll free at 800-455-5204. Our office hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We provide succession and estate planning services throughout Plaquemines, Jefferson and Orleans Parishes.